We all know in the digital marketing world that viral videos are the Lost City of Gold or the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. They seem impossible and fairly random on their success. There really isn’t a recipe or formula to attain a viral video. As a company that provides video services to our clients, this is a deflating reality when were asked for this sort of goal. Our mantra, is to always be true to your brand and your image. We call it, “living the brand promise.” If a company can do this, whether their video goes viral or not, won’t matter – it will be successful.
Here are a few key items to keep in mind when shooting your video:
- keep the message simple and focused
- your video shouldn’t be over 3 minutes. Ideally, you want it between 1-2 minutes. This is about how long a viewer is willing to commit
- make the topic interesting, even if it’s addressing a niche audience
- Share, share, share on social media platforms
- Be sincere. Remember that brand promise…
- Be real. Your video doesn’t necessarily have to be professionally shot. Smart phones work great.
Check out this article from Mashable on viral, branded videos and what hey have to say and good luck on your journey to the end of the rainbow! http://mashable.com/2014/04/02/viral-branded-videos/
Want to shoot your own video? Here are some great app recommendations and some detail about each, http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2421987,00.asp