Feeling like your website could you some content reorganization or adjustments? We have some tips that could be helpful for your business. Some of these suggestions will be dependent on your site being connected up with Google Analytics and if it’s not already, we highly recommend visiting http://www.google.com/analytics/ to get set up.
- Less is more now on sites, especially when you have quality content on your site. Go through your site and make any updates. It could be anything from a new address in your Contact area to updating a new product or removing an old or outdated service.
- Look at the stats for your pages in Google Analytics. What are the most viewed pages? How long are visitors staying on your site? This information is invaluable as you work through a content overhaul and even plan ahead for a website revamp.
- Make sure all content has a very specific purpose. If it’s not directly pertinent to your business or related to your business, it probably should be removed.
- Make sure all links and partner links are working. When connecting to outside websites, it’s important to check this, as sites are updated and changed regularly. Users get frustrated when they hit a dead end or find a “broken” link.
- Test your Contact form. This is always a good idea to do every quarter just to make sure things are in working order and you aren’t missing out on any customer communications and possible business!
- Lastly, even in the age of social media, your website should remain your main hub of information. Your various social media pages should all redirect users back to your website to read more about your business. If this isn’t happening, you need to ask yourself why and if your website is still relevant to your business goals and reaching your main audience. If the answer is no, how can it be improved? Is it out-dated and just needs a few updates or is it time for a new site altogether? Is your brand and brand promise reflected throughout your site?
As always, Turbine Digital is here to help. Please let us know if you have any questions and visit us at http://www.thisisturbine.com. When you visit, you’ll see that we’re in the process of updating our own website!